“Take Five” with Joe Farnsworth
World-renown drummer, Joe Farnsworth, has played with a literal “who’s who” of jazz luminaries, including Cedar Walton, George Coleman, Pharoah Sanders, Curtis Fuller, Benny Golson, McCoy Tyner, Wynton Marsalis… and that’s just scratching the surface. We asked Joe to list his top five most influential Jazz albums as a drummer. Here is what he had to say:
1. Charlie Parker “Nows the Time” feat. Max Roach
2. Count Basie “April in Paris” feat. Sonny Payne
3. Miles Davis “Milestones” feat. “Philly” Joe Jones
4. Art Blakey “Moanin’” feat. Art Blakey
5. Arthur Taylor “A.T.’s Delight” feat. Arthur Taylor
Joe Farnsworth appears this Saturday night at the Django, 10PM until late! Check out Joe’s latest album, “City of Sounds”, featuring Kenny Baron on piano, and Peter Washington on bass. It’s always a pleasure and an honor to have Joe on our stage.